Why Mobile Applications?
Total mobile users around the world have increased from 4.1 to 5 billion in less than a year. More phones than people are expected to be on the planet in the next 18 months and over 1 billion of those are going to be Smartphones by 2013. Simply put, mobile is the key to staying ‘relevant’ in 2011 and beyond.
According to ABI Research's estimates the iPhone app store had notched up more than 5.6 billion accumulated downloads by the end of 2010, compared to nearly 7.9 billion total downloads from all stores during that year.
2011, however, will show Apple is set to face more intensive competition having lost dominance in the smartphone market to Android, BlackBerry and Windows 7 platforms. ** It is no longer a sensible solution to budget only for an iPhone mobile application and ignore as much as 75% or more of potential customers.
Mobile Applications vs. Web Applications
Having a mobile optimised version of your website is a must today and with a minimum amount of development can transfer to a web app saved on your customers’ smartphones. However, with a native mobile application you are not restricted to access only whilst having a good internet connection.
How can mobile applications benefit you?
Having a web presence (website, Facebook, twitter etc.) is essential for most businesses today, however, even when optimised for mobile browsers they are still passive tools waiting for that user to search and hit your site or Facebook page.
Mobile applications provide a proactive way to target an already receptive audience whenever and wherever they have their mobiles with them. How many of your potential customers will have a smartphone and carry it with them wherever they go - at home or abroad?
- Compared to computers, mobile phones are inexpensive and more accessible than ever before. It’s always on, always with you and it knows where you are. By reaching people anywhere they are, you have a huge opportunity to sell, promote, engage, and be remembered.
- The fact that mobile phones know where you are, is without a doubt the next big wave in mobile technology. Radios, televisions and computers didn’t have this ability and were limited to what they could do in core function and mobility. With GPS and digital camera’s built into every mobile device created today, the possibilities continue to expand on how we will access and interact with our reality
- Traditionally, your website was the hub of your marketing plan, but we are seeing that shift to mobile apps. People on the web can be distracted away from your site and led to something irrelevant in seconds. In the mobile space, apps allow you to stay in control of the experience with a better user interface that is engaging and fun to use. Also, the ability to bring multiple creative properties like blogs, videos, pictures and events into one location with one consistent view is easier and more efficient, saving time and money for the owner and the user
With the advance of geo-location, push notifications, QR codes etc. – mobile applications will have to form a key part of any entertainment or promotional company which has an advertising budget and a marketing strategy for the future.
What can mobile applications offer your clients?
Some of the possibilities where our applications could benefit you – these are possibilities available now – the list only limited by your imagination:
1. Push notifications
- Actively contact customers with key calendar events
- Combined with geo-location, contact people as they arrive in your catchment area
- Selectively push promotional offers during off-peak times
- Entice users with competitions and prizes
- Out of season reminders
- Encourage loyalty schemes and membership lists
2. QR Codes
- Ticket sales on your mobile to boost pre-sales revenue
- Instant check-in at events
- E-ticketing via your mobile
- Enhance existing loyalty, membership and competition content linked to other advertising e.g. QR codes on billboards or magazine articles
- Joint promotional events – e.g. brewery, supplier linked
- Manage how your own sales team are performing
- Access audio or online information at specific locations via codes
- Link to existing media to manage content easily
- Facebook integration including login and wall visibility
- Sister companies and promotional partners’ websites for joint promotional advertising
- Existing RSS feeds for newsletters, event listings etc.
- Picture feeds for galleries
- Videos (YouTube) and Music (iTunes) integration
- Podcasts (resident or promotional DJs)
- Customer photo upload
- Lost property service
- ‘Bump’ my app
- Optional additional revenue through adverts discreetly displayed to users
Why Hoxton Sax?
We offer a cross-platform, packaged solution which targets all the mobiles phones you need to reach – Android, Blackberry, Apple, Symbian and Windows 7.
- A single solution for all platforms therefore cost or technical skill is no longer prohibitive
- Multiple mobile platforms so you can immediately reach your maximum potential audience
- Consistent look and content across each of your mobile apps that promotes your own logos and branding
- Easy to manage and maintain -use your existing RSS feeds for news and event listings, photo galleries, YouTube videos etc.
- Integrate with all your existing social networking media such as Facebook, Twitter etc.
2. Packaged Solution
We offer a simple, understandable and consistent pricing structure with our unique ‘bolt-on’ approach for the functionality of your mobile app solution.
- Only select and pay for the functionality you require when you need it
- Tailor a solution to meet your budget
- Keep ahead of competition and meet your future needs with the flexibility of extending functionality by ‘bolting-on’ additional packages when you want
- Language based packages available which include English (basic package), Spanish, French, German and Italian – others on request – compiled by professional translators.
- We take care of submission for each of your apps and distribution to the right market place so you deal with one team for all platforms
- Integration with Drupal or Joomla available
- Affordable customised packages available on request –maybe you need to interface to existing ticketing systems or contact databases etc?
3. Professional Service
You are assured a consistent professional service throughout – we enjoy what we do and want you to succeed
- Significant technical experience within applications development for worldwide clients including HSBC, Sun Life of Canada, Axa Sun Life and Avidia
- In depth knowledge of the specific requirements of the club and entertainment sector
- The flexibility and personal service only associated with a small bespoke company
4. Technical Specifications
Supported platforms and versions currently available as follows
- Android version 1.6 and above
- Apple IOS version 3.2 and above
- Blackberry version 6.0 and above * for backward compatibility with version 5.0 + extension expected later this year
- Windows 7
** statistics taken from IDC March 2011